• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I haven't come to say I'm sorry; Karaugh/Any

rhonen

molten eyes and a smile made for war

Leaves crunch underfoot, and he lowers his head to inhale the spicy scent of them broken beneath him, admiring the bold colors that complement his own. She wasn’t kidding when she said Autumn forest.

Rhonen had waited a while after Karaugh gave him the instructions to get here; he didn’t want to seem too eager. Instead he had wandered around the Meadow and the Forest, watching for the signs of his evils having been released, making some idle conversation. Only after a few days, when he once again got so on edge from watching the constant stream of coming and going and strangers did he admit that he had to get away. He’d gone to the Field to find an escape, and it was time to escape.

Here, the watch would be easier. Once he got used to the people who lived here, it would be easier to watch for the coming of War, Conquest, Famine, and Death. Here, perhaps he could find out how to get his powers back before the seal broke open again inside him. Here, perhaps he would hear news of the other seal holder’s fates during the upheaval.
    He doesn’t let himself think the other things, except in the dead of night when he awakes from nightmares that darken his coat with sweat: here, perhaps he will find a family; here, perhaps, he can replace what he has lost.

Rhonen doesn’t call for her. He doesn’t call for anyone, instead he sets about exploring, taking stock of this new place he might call home. Leaves, trees, leaves, trees; is there anything else? Oh, yeah, rocks. It is before one of those enormous boulders that he finally stops, head tilted, studying it, imaging the force of nature or magic that it would take to heave such giant rocks from beneath the earth and leave them in the middle of an otherwise perfectly boring forest.

@[Karaugh]/Any
    [Image: U5duKtst_o.gif]
    Aubri & Rhonen [twins]

Messages In This Thread
    I haven't come to say I'm sorry; Karaugh/Any - by Rhonen - 02-02-2017, 11:34 PM