• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you're dripping like a saturated sunrise,
    Jinju
    She dips her head when the woman repeats her name, a soft smile on her lips. Silence stretches on after, but Jinju doesn’t press it. She can understand that one might need some time, after all, it could be a lot to take in if you weren’t familiar with it. She had been there once too, after the reckoning, but she had been much younger and had needed someone to take care of her. That had been Reagan. Reagan was now the Taiga’s magician, protector and leader.

It is her wondering if Briseis is not from around here that makes her hesitant to answer the question. Or, phrase that differently, hesitant how to answer. ”No.. I wasn’t” she says with a shake of her head, ruby eyes travelling into the distance as she pauses for a short while. She was born in the old Beqanna. Lived in the very same meadow as they were close to now for a couple of weeks and through the Den she had found her way with Lexa to the Jungle. ”I was born when these lands were still different. Still Beqanna, but different.”

When her red gaze finds the one of the fellow black mare again she’s smiling apologetic. ”Things changed, we call it the reckoning, and the old lands are gone now. Instead we formed new groups and claimed new lands. The Taiga one of them. Its pine tree forest, I like it.” Jinju isn’t sure she’s doing a great job requiting, but at least she was trying, right?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're dripping like a saturated sunrise, - by Jinju - 02-28-2017, 03:04 PM