• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I haven't come to say I'm sorry; Karaugh

I haven't come to say I'm sorry
    but I swear I'm on your side

Just as he was getting his bearings, the world was ripped out from under him again. First it had been getting lost, and having his family disappear (he’d though for sure it was temporary – but neither his twin nor his mother nor his father had ever come back). At some point, he’d realized that at his age, they all probably though Rhonen had left them. He hadn’t, but he had no idea where to find them, so he returned to the one place he thought they might someday come. Beqanna.

But thought he’d been born at the edge of the Falls, Rhonen knew nothing of Beqanna, and so he’d wandered around until he met his mother in the Deserts. It’d been nice, he supposed, if a little hot. Then there had been the creature, and the quest to save the world, and the strange magic that weighed heavy in his chest. Bound to protect the world, it had said, and Rhonen wondered what kind of burden that would be. Then finally, finally, he’d found the Falls. And it would have been nice, and he was so sure that his family would have come eventually. Nothing could keep Natilyn from the Falls forever.

Even that was taken. The Falls is gone. He has nothing left to draw his family back to him, and he masks the deep sadness with an outward bitterness.

Which is why he is stomping along in the Field, ears pinned back against his head, a scowl on his face. Because the world – pardon his French - sucks, and he’s not afraid to show how he feels about it.

RHONEN

@[Karaugh]/@[Neo]
    [Image: U5duKtst_o.gif]
    Aubri & Rhonen [twins]

Messages In This Thread
    I haven't come to say I'm sorry; Karaugh - by Rhonen - 01-27-2017, 11:01 PM