• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you and I both know, the ghost is me; toli pony
    you and I both know, the ghost is me

She is vastly enjoying not looking like a half-dead corpse. Before, people were drawn to the bright purple of the girl, but always they regretted their curiosity when they got close and noticed that she was practically rotting, skin peeling off even as other patches grew back. It was hard to hide true revulsion, and Cassady had lived with that shadow, and even as young as she is she had started to resent it. But now, she is free, and she knows that free Cassady is a different story entirely.

The world seems bigger, brighter, more full of possibilities. She picks her way across the Meadow, where she and her family have been staying, and ventures into the Forest instead. The trees offer a relief from the bright white of winter elsewhere, though they are fewer in the dead of winter; she imagines that in the summer, the green is deep and luscious. Some snow has filtered to the ground here, in bright clumps, but fallen brown leaves make up the majority of the footing, crinkling underfoot. 

The purple girl lowers her nose to the ground, moving some snow and leaves half-heartedly before she looks up again, looks around. She doesn’t know what she’s expecting to see – it’s not like she knows anybody outside of her family, and just a few others. But she settles, cocking a hind leg, to people-watch and think. And maybe someone will come to her.

for a @[Toli] pony!

Messages In This Thread
    you and I both know, the ghost is me; toli pony - by Cassady - 01-11-2017, 10:11 PM