• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I don't want to be your ghost
    Tyrna

Like a shadow dancing on the edge
    She wakes slowly. Blue eyes opening a fraction to squint out into the white washed landscape. Her legs feel leaden as she gathers them beneath her in a valiant attempt to stand, displacing the snow that had drifted over her slightly too thin frame. And yet. The cold and hunger did not bother like they should have, and she felt...lighter. Graceful wings no longer fluttered against her sides, and demonic horns no longer weighed heavy upon her crown. She was new, reborn into a winter world. The steely girl shook the last of the snow from her mane while taking in the familiar sights of the field around her.

So much had changed while she slept, and now she was alone. Not only were there no other horses near her, but in her head there was only silence. No more the howling of the wolf in her ears or in her veins, she was just Tyrna. The realization came slowly and jarring enough to give her mild alarm. What exactly had happened? Not just to her, but to everyone. To Beqanna itself. Images flickered rapid fire through her mind, making little sense, before her memories went blank. She could remember who she was and her family at the falls, but everything else just faded into darkness. She felt an overwhelming sadness for someone she couldn't see the face of, and a maternal yearning that surprised her.

Tyrna ambled slowly forward through the snow encrusted field, letting the feeling return to her legs. How long had it been since she had used them? How long had it been since the roar of her wolf and her rage had been silenced? How long?

She walked until the cold set in and the silence grew overwhelming. Her eyes burned as cold as the ice around her as she screamed into the night.

"Hello?"

Silver dapple sabino|Mare|Andalusian Hybrid

ooc: sorry it's rough! i've been out of the game awhile xD

Messages In This Thread
    I don't want to be your ghost - by Tyrna - 01-10-2017, 11:23 PM
    RE: I don't want to be your ghost - by Ruan - 01-11-2017, 08:51 AM
    RE: I don't want to be your ghost - by Tyrna - 01-12-2017, 09:31 PM
    RE: I don't want to be your ghost - by Ruan - 01-12-2017, 11:36 PM
    RE: I don't want to be your ghost - by Tyrna - 01-13-2017, 12:07 AM