• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I won't let you go; Woolf
    I won't let you go; so don't leave go of me

She looks at him like he is a puzzle, head slightly tilted as if it will help her concentrate, hazel eyes focused and bright. Dagny likes to know things, to figure them out, and he is the best sort of mystery. He knows things he shouldn’t and isn’t that exciting? Olivier continues to look at him with suspicion, but it is tempered by a long-suffering air of exasperation as his twin maneuvers slightly closer to Woolf, putting herself half between the two stallions.

Maybe it’s silly to think the smallest of the three of them could keep Olivier from doing anything stupid, but she has known him a long time. She burns bright, and brighter, and just keeps going stronger. Her temper, if ignited, is a thing of glory. But her gold twin burns so fast and hot it’s simply not maintainable – he’s like the flash flood that comes and goes in an instant. If he was going to act, it would have been when that first hint of magic touched him with no warning. No, Dagny knows he’s well past the flash point now, and should be on his way to restored calm.

Stepping in front of him allows her to touch him, though, to press skin to skin, and she knows that often helps soothe his worries. “You’ve got magic,” she answers the question to her brother’s question, because it’s more interesting to her anyway. “Of a sort.” Dagny laughs, then, at using his own words back into the equation, swishes her tail, leans into her brother for a moment. “Does it have something to do with us being your great-whatever-aunt and uncle, or can you not hurt anybody?”

Maybe it’s an invasive question, but her desire to know often overrules her common sense on what it is and isn’t appropriate to ask someone. And she hasn’t learned self-restraint all that well yet, either. “You’re too trusting by half,” is what he mutters in his sister’s general direction, looking away from both of them, but like she was so sure of, his outrage is gone, his body softening under the press of hers. He will let her take the lead here, where it is becoming clear she is in no danger.

They complement each other, but the balance would be easy to tip too far. Only time will show if they will grow to great partnership, or destroy each other.

Dagny & Olivier
    no one can ever follow; no one can ever know

Messages In This Thread
    I won't let you go; Woolf - by Dagny and Olivier - 01-09-2017, 09:07 PM
    RE: I won't let you go; Woolf - by woolf - 01-15-2017, 03:27 AM
    RE: I won't let you go; Woolf - by woolf - 01-22-2017, 04:55 PM
    RE: I won't let you go; Woolf - by Dagny and Olivier - 01-25-2017, 09:25 PM
    RE: I won't let you go; Woolf - by woolf - 01-30-2017, 01:37 AM