• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got some damn bad intentions - nayl, anyone
    Standing knee deep in the frothy sea, grey Djinni watches the silver fish as they flit across the tidepool. There are too many of them to count, all fighting against the pull of the sea, flailing desperately to keep steady against such a powerful force.

Djinni feels a little like the fish these days.

Her powerful force is not a physical foe - like the ocean to the fish - but rather her own previous plans for herself. She has always been happiest while roving. The need to place roots, to bury herself deep in the service of a kingdom, has never drawn her in the way it had so many of her family. The grulla mare has always had everything she wanted in the blink of an eye: food, water, companionship, lovers. So she had gone from here to there, never settling and enjoying her freedom.

Then the Reckoning had happened. Everything changed.

The genie was bottled.

She was trapped, left without a bit of the magic that had so eased her way through life. Djinni walked instead of flew, slept instead of simply wishing herself refreshed, ate instead of picturing herself full. It was a difficult adjustment at first, yet despite the privilege of her previous life, Djinni is surprisingly resilient. She won't ever admit to everything that happened that first winter at the seaside, but it is clear to anyone with sense that the genie is back at full strength once more.

And yet...
    Djinni hasn't left. Her roving ways seem tamed, at least to the casual observer. She has brought back recruits, has dipped her head in acknowledgement to two sequential monarchs. Has she tied herself to a kingdom at long last?
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    i've got some damn bad intentions - nayl, anyone - by Djinni - 12-07-2016, 10:30 PM