• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And this time I'm not leaving without you; mandatory for residents
    I have died every day waiting for you.
    Darling, don't be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years.

He’s exploring another corner of Sylva’s thick forest when the call rings out through the trunks. A female voice, one he does not recognize … though it does not seem unfamiliar with the authority it carries. He knows little of the leader of Sylva beyond the name, Marlyn, (Arrya had shared it with him) and his curiosity is peaked, much to his surprise. It has been a long, long, long since he was last remotely interested in kingdom affairs (though, he supposes, Sylva is not a traditional kingdom, and perhaps that is part of it).

He moves to join the called meeting, and finds the small gathering in a matter of minutes. He is pleased to see that Arrya has already beaten him there, and slips in beside her, nuzzling gently at her swollen side. The familiar blush of pride spreads through him at the thought - in there, their child grows.

He turns to look at the speckled mare who raises her voice to speak, asking if there are any that would be willing to create a security force for their home. An excellent goal to be sure. But Rhory remains silent, letting the greying mare he does not know step up to volunteer. He would give his life to protect Arrya and their child, to be sure, but he is no fighter. His years of ineffectually trying to fight back against his mother and sister are proof enough of that. Perhaps there are other ways he can contribute.

Rhory
    I'll love you for a thousand more.

I also vote non-traditional caste systems. Smile

Messages In This Thread
    RE: And this time I'm not leaving without you; mandatory for residents - by Rhory - 12-10-2016, 06:43 PM