• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and this time I'm not leaving without you; Ashley
    He does not know of her, her family, who she may be. She is just another face, another name and in that thin veil is a comforting relief. Marlyn could be the simple spotted mare that was before him. She was not the daughter of a king and queen, she was not the leader of Sylva. She is Marlyn, true and whole.

Amber eyes observe the way the ginger male allows himself to find some comfort, the strong legs collapsing under his heavy form as the damp salt air clings to their skin and tongues. Marlyn waits a few moments as he speaks, telling of past that she does not know instead she watches the way the red hair curls and traces along the tributaries of his body, dripping the few remaining droplets to be drank up in the thirsty sand.

Before Marlyn replies, she too, fancies a place near her host and drops to pull her own lightly feathered limbs close to her. It had felt like ages since the painted woman had allowed herself the ability to rest. The pleasantly surprised smile that curls over her lips gives away her delight in such a simply small practice. "Well this does seem much better." A small laugh can not be contained as she lets it flow over her lips. "I am all too well acquainted with the worries, though sometimes I wished I was not." Marlyn is unaware that the red buckskin is a god amongst horses and in this moment she is she and he is he.  "I do as well." Her gaze shifts to drink in this place of solitude. It never fails to amaze the woman that so many places exist like this in Beqanna, whether discovered or coveted secretly, and yet others squabble and fight for what was only on the 'surface' of Beqanna.

Silently, the mare is elated that this place was only for them. She gives thanks to have found a little sliver of the world in which she can be at peace, no titles, no courtesies, no formal conversations of war. Dark eyes can rest upon her spiced host with a playful smile, enjoying their conversation, connecting in a way others could not understand. There was so much more to living than blood wars over scraps of lands or false prophets with gnashing teeth. This, sitting in secret with sopping hair and salty skin, is living. This is what all those other animals are missing out on.
    MARLYN

Messages In This Thread
    and this time I'm not leaving without you; Ashley - by Marlyn - 11-16-2016, 01:08 PM
    RE: and this time I'm not leaving without you; Ashley - by Marlyn - 12-04-2016, 11:36 AM