• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And this time I'm not leaving without you; all please
    i suddenly feel like a different person
    from the roots of my soul comes a gentle coercion

The spotted woman had noticed how Ygritte paced, how her worry drove her off from the mare she had once been. With the disappearance of her father, Marlyn worried for her mother. The same amber eyes watched as the bay woman spent days searching but scared to go too far off from Sylva in case the members needed her...

...until she came to Marlyn with a request. Marlyn had agreed on the promise that one day Ygritte would return. And so with a confident nod and smile, Ygritte was turning to start her search for the spotted king.

A call is given over the forest...wavering at first with nervousness before finally ringing true. The spotted mare waits now quietly for the others to heed her call. Marlyn hopes they would come despite her voice being foreign to most of them.

When they gather, the young mare smiles slightly before coughing softly. "My mother, Ygritte, has left to find my father. I know this is sudden but she has asked me to stand as leader of Sylva till she returns." The white masked face looks outward to the others as her brown and white mane catches on the cold of autumn before she begins again. "I will not make excuses for my mother but Sylva has suffered from her distractions. I propose an idea to Sylva...a new way. I suggest Sylva be the sanctuary of Beqanna...a place safe for our children and elders...the future of Beqanna. I will remain your leader but I want us to move away from the tradition caste system. Be who you want. A guardian of the Forest! A story keeper! A peacekeeper! All I ask is to bring no harm to your self or others that reside in Sylva." Marlyn falls quiet again as she registers the faces of the other equines. "I want Sylva to grow from the past mistakes made by the horses before us but I do open the floor for suggestions and ideas. I wish for Sylva to lead the way for a new peaceful and harmonious Beqanna." A hopeful smile now spreads over the lips of the young woman as she grows a little more confident...standing a littler taller as she waits for their responses.
    marlyn

Messages In This Thread
    And this time I'm not leaving without you; all please - by Marlyn - 10-28-2016, 04:34 PM