• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

at night we're waking up the neighbors; rhory, any

You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
    The Field was a fucking wash. As I pretty much expected. I’m shit at selling myself, and I’m not exactly great at people on the best of days. I gave it up as a lost cause, but I’m not about to give up on the idea of finding a place to call home. Especially now. After how things have changed with Rhory, and now that there’s a baby on the way - also can I just stop and say holy shit? I’m having Rhory’s baby. My Rhory Lionheart, my best friend. Still a little floored by that turn of events, okay?

Anyhow.

Now that I’m pregnant, there’s even more reason to find a damn place to live already. And since standing in some field waiting for the right person to come find me didn’t exactly go super well, I’ve just decided to stomp around ‘til I find home my own damn self. I’m much better at stomping anyhow.

I took a few days to track this place down, wandering through the Forest, even slumming it in the Meadow a bit though I’d rather cut off my own legs than let my baby grow up in the godforsaken Meadow of all places. And every night I made sure to find my way back to my Rhory (my Rhory, mine in a completely different way now, and I can’t seem to stop touching him now that I’ve started, oops…), even if it means setting out all over again in the morning. Today, though, today I have a good feeling. And it just gets better when I sort of stumble across this gorgeous forest that immediately feels like home.

Holy shit. I think I found it. I poke around a bit first to be sure, then I’m headed back to my Rhory to drag his ass here so we can start exploring. I want to know every single inch of the place by the time the baby comes. Every nook and cranny, every little hazard for baby hooves and every little wonder for baby eyes. This little one’s too teeny tiny yet to be making its presence known even in the curve of my belly, but it’s only a matter of time. And I’m damn well gonna have home ready and waiting by the time it does.
    You've got the light to fight the shadows, so stop hiding it away.

Messages In This Thread
    at night we're waking up the neighbors; rhory, any - by Arrya - 10-28-2016, 10:20 AM