• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A smoldering fire - any
    She stepped aside as he pulled back, turning to face him. "I'm sorry," she said softly, her eyes lowered. Perhaps she'd noticed their easy intimacy as well and was uncomfortable with him now. That hadn't been his intention, especially if she was ashamed of it. He'd only meant to ease her heart if he could. Now he wondered if he'd made things worse for her. Another problem for her to work through. He grimaced.

"That's why I'm here.. Why I didn't go home," she said, her eyes only passing over him for a moment before surveying their surroundings. Of course that was what she was doing; staying away from her home. Even when he tried to be helpful, it seemed he was only good for warmth and physical comfort. He sighed quietly, thinking that perhaps he should go now and leave her to sort herself out. He was clearly not helping.

"Do.. Do you want to stay with me?" He hesitated. She avoided looking at him, standing so unsure and vulnerable. "I- I don't like to be alone..." His heart hurt for her, this seemingly innocent young woman. What on earth had happened to her to make her so unbalanced, so broken? He knew he should leave... And yet his heavy feet propelled him carefully forward. Dark velvet swept across her nape, as though they had known each other all their lives. As though they had grown up together as children.

I am yours tonight, he whispered into her hair. With another step, his silvery side lined up and pressed against her. Firm and solid. A temporary support to keep her steady. By morning, he would be gone. But for now, he could pretend they were old friends, and comfort her however he could.

Messages In This Thread
    A smoldering fire - any - by Igni - 10-26-2016, 04:25 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Ciel d'Argent - 10-31-2016, 11:02 PM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Igni - 11-01-2016, 09:11 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Ciel d'Argent - 11-02-2016, 08:18 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Igni - 11-03-2016, 08:22 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Ciel d'Argent - 11-13-2016, 03:02 PM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Igni - 11-14-2016, 08:01 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Ciel d'Argent - 11-20-2016, 11:42 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Igni - 11-25-2016, 08:13 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Ciel d'Argent - 12-10-2016, 07:39 PM