• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Mandatory for those interested in peace caste. And info about new caste.
    she, like some of the others, was not convinced.

in fact hybris found herself shaking her head along with the rest - barring one - as her lips turned down to a slight frown. some of the others spoke up and voiced the same concerns that she had, but here she did not remain silent. the voices of many were stronger than that of one, in this case.

"i also disagree with having to carry on the position through our flesh and blood. as others have said - what if they do not want the role? far be it from me to ever force a child of mine to be something they did not wish to be." ah, sage, are you listening?

she did not stop there, though. "one of the things i have always valued most about the sisterhood is that it does not favor blood over loyalty. we have long welcomed those that simply chose to stand behind us, those that the jungle embraced. we have trusted in our own strength to see through to those that were not true." this was what they should do.

"i see value in having a historian and in having an apprentice - i do not think that the role of the latter should be closed solely to those of the former's blood." if a mare was barren, then, but had an excellent mind and a gift for storytelling would it mean that she could not fit the role? hybris snorted at the thought and waited to hear what their leader would have to say.

hybris ; it was but a dream within a dream

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Mandatory for those interested in peace caste. And info about new caste. - by Hybris - 10-16-2016, 10:22 PM