• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth (Jinju, Ruan, Any)

Circinae

The entire trip had been much funner than I would’ve given it credit for. Raeanne was nothing if not agreeable and despite my earlier inhibitions about taking on a side-kick, I had to hand it to her - the girl was one tough cookie. I had expected her to do well through the first leg of the trip, where the land had been blessedly even, rolling hillocks. But the second half, through dense forest at the base of the mountains and forging a river? I had at least assumed she would contest me even a little bit. To my surprise, she seemed to flourish from the hardships.

A total diamond in the rough. It was hard to say exactly whether or not what I was feeling was emotional connection, but I knew for sure that Raeanne had gained my trust and my respect in the two short days our journey had taken. Whoever “Vivianne” had been, she really couldn’t have been all that intelligent if she let go of a daughter like Raeanne. But the past was in the past and the future was literally right in front of us so I figured it was time to get a move on.

“Rae-anne!” I call out to her in a sing-song voice, hoping it’ll rouse her to attention. “Sun’s up high enough I think. Time to check it out.” I say, turning around to face the depths of Taiga. I’m not sure what we’ll find here but I know it can’t be any worse than the Den, so I’m optimistic. We’d stayed close to the edge of the river overnight, warnings in my head ringing about what the Kingdoms of old had done to unknown intruders. I’d hoped that traveling in the daylight would make us less of a target, and more like the two ‘could-be’ sisters we actually looked like. “How’re you feeling?” I ask, turning my head back to look over her for signs of fatigue. 

If she lied, I wouldn’t be able to tell, but I’m hoping that by now her common sense would trump her need to seem invincible in my eyes. As concerned as I am about her welfare (and I am concerned for her welfare) I can’t help but let my natural instincts take hold. We were intruders now, even if our intent was harmless. As much as I wanted to put my faith in the better side of humanity, I was more realistic when it came to the way things worked in Beqanna. If things here got a bit too hairy, our options may be limited to escape - and I want Raeanne to be strong enough to run if the situation calls for it.

“Nice day out, too.” I offer, betraying nothing of my thoughts. The wolf still lingers, even if I ignore him.

The Wolf of Water

OOC: Sorry if I took a little too much liberty with your character, @[Raeanne] If you don't like it I can change it.

Messages In This Thread
    Sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth (Jinju, Ruan, Any) - by Circinae - 09-24-2016, 07:18 PM