• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I have loved you for a thousand years; Arrya

You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
    Of course he gets it. Somehow he’s always understood me, maybe better than anyone. There’s a reason he was my best goddamn friend in the world. Well, a lot of reason, but any time I’ve ever been with him, I’ve felt...like I’m looking into the eyes of someone who knows me. Knows all of me, all the shitty parts and all the even okay parts too, and understands, and just loves me anyhow. “You’re a good man, Rhory Lionheart,” I whisper, nestling against his side and rubbing my face against his shoulder again, and this time not to dry tears away. Just because I want to.

He’s caught up in the thread of current events, pondering the mysteries of why and how and if it’s forever, and I grumble and snort and shrug my shoulder, not that he can really see it since I’m tucked up against him. “Does the why of it really matter, though?” I ask, letting irritation chase away the lingering sorrow. Not at him, never at him. But whatever did this can go fuck itself.

Ah, but he’s trying, giving me a distraction or helping me distract myself, smart man. So I brush my lips against the line of his shoulder, and nod. “I guess it’d at least help a little to know why and how and whatnot. And if there’s anything to be done about it. Maybe we can ask around. You know, actually be social or some shit? Couldn’t hurt. Much, anyhow.”

Aww, hell, have I mentioned he’s adorable? The way he shushes my awkward fumbling with quiet, steady affection coaxes a shy little smile out of me. I steal a quick glance into summer sky blue eyes, ducking my head and nodding and reaching up to press my lips to his cheek. “Okay, Rhory. Then let’s be not alone anymore together.” I’ll start looking; I’m the one who’ll have the hardest time finding a place to fit in. But when I do, we can have a home, him and me. And damn, but that sounds nice.
    You've got the light to fight the shadows, so stop hiding it away.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I have loved you for a thousand years; Arrya - by Arrya - 10-17-2016, 10:54 AM