• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you bring out the darker side of me { ANY }
    breaking waves of change
    The muffled sounds of the forest surround them, the sounds of twigs snapping, the sound of wet, icy snow crunching under the hooves of horses beyond the little alcove of trees. She finds comfort in knowing she is not alone, especially now with this painted, fluffy woman beside her. Though she seemed a bit stoic, she was good company, at least Naga thought so. Who wouldn't say no to a space heater when one has no winter coat to speak of. Her ears are forward and she feels better, noticing how focused the other woman was on her words. It's been a while since she has had a deep conversation with anyone. Though as she mentions the fairies, she can hear the painted woman repeat the word, muttering it under her breath. Our dark woman wonders what faeries had done to the woman before, but before she can even think to ask, she speaks again.

Matter of factually stating Naga's status, before stating her own name, Echidna, and then asking what our dark woman was queen of. Naga lets the name settle on her tongue, she repeats it back once and then answers her with a soft smile. Although Echidna doesn't offer to find out our dark woman's name, she tells her anyway. Her voice was deep and silky as always.

"Echidna...it is nice to meet you. I am Naga."

She pauses a moment, thinking it over....she was to be queen yes....but the Amazons...would they still be the Amazons without their jungle? Or would they have to rebrand themselves....and was it too early to call herself the queen? As of right now, she doesn't really know what to say. She hears Nayl's words in her head, about stepping up fast to grab the title when everyone was just happy to find one another after the shift....but, she couldn't help it. She did not see it like that, she just did what she thought was right. She lowered her head and sighed before looking back to Echidna.

"Well, I will be of the Amazons...well...what was the Amazons. We used to be a strong kingdom full of devoted and brave women, our land was a vast humid jungle. One of which is now lost forever. I took the crown for myself...though I did not mean it to be greedy. I just thought someone had to defuse the fighting over the past, and if no one else would....I did. So here I am...awaiting our new frontier, without a clue of how to go about ruling. I hope I do not let my sisters down."

As she finishes her heartfelt sentiment, a sound of approaching small foot falls in the snow catch her attention, her head shoots up, green eyes bright and ears alert. A filly, black like herself, comes shyly into the alcove, a small hi was all she muttered before Naga noticed the stallion behind the filly. She was not worried, for she could easily take care of him if need be, but he has a child, and he did not seem a threat. But what really caught her attention was the filly's scent. Young as she was, the scent of jungle still clung to her dark coat. Naga looked to Echidna with a look of awe before trotting forward, her heart warmed and her motherly instinct kicked in. Of course, since she was pretty much the Jungle children's babysitter most of the time, as well as a mother. She nickered warmly, her soft, deep, velvety voice cooed to the filly.

"Dear child, hello! My name is Naga, I can smell the jungle on you...I was a diplomat of the jungle for many years. Young sister, it is very nice to meet you, what is your name? Is that fellow by the trees your father?"

She is genuinely excited, a child from the jungle, she was afraid they were all lost in the loss of the lands. She lifted her head to the dark stallion with a spotted blanket, nodding her head to him as an invite to come closer. She wouldn't bite, though she wasn't so sure about her space heater, Echidna. Though this was quite an interesting evening. She has not socialized like this with strangers since...well since before she was a higher tier diplomat. She was missing socialization, at least now she knows how to talk to others without completely shutting down or losing control of her tongue. She used to be quite a spicy young panther. Thank goodness for maturity.
    Naga

Messages In This Thread
    you bring out the darker side of me { ANY } - by Naga - 09-13-2016, 10:48 PM
    RE: you bring out the darker side of me { ANY } - by Naga - 09-14-2016, 12:45 PM
    RE: you bring out the darker side of me { ANY } - by Naga - 09-15-2016, 05:19 PM