• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I think I'm losing my mind now - Ruan
    Jinju
    Her eyes close the moment he gently brushes her cheek, effectively wiping her tears away. A small smile pulls on the corners of her lips and she enjoys it to bask herself in his presence. Even though they were still somewhat strangers, she already knows that they soon would be as close as she was with Reagan. After all, a family bounded in such easy way, right? Or at least, a true family would. His confirming nod was enough to tell her it was like that, that they would be a true family.

Before she would’ve happily ventured out herself, to explore the world and everything that lied across her home’s borders. So many times already had Jinju gotten lost in the Jungle, but it had never scared her. Somehow the Jungle, her mother or her mom’s sisters had always brought her back home. Things were different now. Every time she left to do something on her own, someone dear could be taken out of her life again. She couldn’t have that happening again.

Her gaze had been cast down when she had spoken her honest feelings to Ruan, but it are his wings and the touch of his nose that make her carefully look up again. Red meets blue – quite an odd eyed family they have – and hers twinkle as he reassures her. The insecurity gets somewhat banned to the back of her mind, not entirely though. The fear of getting abandoned when turning out to be a failure isn’t that easy taken away. However, uncle Ruan’s are comforting and she nestles herself closer against his winged side like a purring kitty cat.

”Uncle Ruan?” she silently asks for his attention, before asking the question that lied upon her lips. ”Are you like us? Aunt Reagan says I’m special, and that she is special too. Are you also special?” It is curiosity that makes her ask it, eager to learn more about him. And maybe, maybe he could help her understand what it meant to be special. Because Jinju had never felt special at all.

Messages In This Thread
    I think I'm losing my mind now - Ruan - by Jinju - 09-11-2016, 08:42 AM
    RE: I think I'm losing my mind now - Ruan - by Jinju - 09-14-2016, 06:43 AM