• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  we were neurophobic and perfect

You were automatic, as hollow as the 'o' in God.

Will she be afraid? I wonder as I make my way to her, doing my best to seem friendly, inviting. It’s been a long time since I have made company with others outside my own family, it’s easy to get lost in the eccentric tales of the twins, they are an enigma, captivating me with their odd story spinning. It was easy to lose myself with them, not that it mattered, they were family, they were blood.

Blood.

I almost scoff at my own thought. I am not so welcoming to all those who share my lines, at least the paternal side anyhow. They were another breed of being entirely. Twisted, grotesque, sick things with minds warped and morals tossed to the wind. Alas, I was still stuck with them, as much as I did not want to be. Blood runs thicker than water you see, whether I like that or not.

When the chestnut doesn’t balk or flee, I ease my mind, stilling the spinning thoughts and calming myself to the present. This was no time to dwell on the past, I’d be better off leaving that behind me, along with the old world. Put it to rest, ash to ash.

Run, I catch only the last part of the word, and immediately I wonder why. “Run?”, I ask her, lifting my head and looking around as quickly. What danger was lying in wait, what things were going bump in the night that I did not know of? I tense, my muscles flexing beneath my dappled coat and I take inventory of our surroundings, each piece of the terrain awash in moonlight. There is nothing sinister lurking from what I can tell, from what I can smell and see with the senses that have been left to my use.

“I’m Tioga,” a name, just that, because I am of no where. The words are thick in my mouth, as if my tongue may be too big for it. I do what I can to pronounce the syllables, the letters and texture of words best I can. Still, I’m sure I sound a bit off. “You okay?” Shorter, sweeter sentences and word groupings were my friend.

{TIOGA}

khaos x wichita

html by Kyra
    [Image: Tioga.png]

Messages In This Thread
    we were neurophobic and perfect - by Tioga - 09-08-2016, 02:54 PM
    RE: we were neurophobic and perfect - by Thorunn - 09-10-2016, 05:50 AM
    RE: we were neurophobic and perfect - by Tioga - 09-10-2016, 02:06 PM
    RE: we were neurophobic and perfect - by Thorunn - 09-12-2016, 04:05 PM
    RE: we were neurophobic and perfect - by Tioga - 09-13-2016, 06:14 PM