• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you are my sunshine; kids/any
    I don’t have a quote for now
    It was night time. She lay curled up next to her indigo sister, who snores gently beside her. She cannot sleep. The noises in the forest have changed, from the pleasant chatter of bird song, to something she can’t quite place, something music-like and gentle in her ears. And every now and then there is a hooooooo noise. It’s a loud (but pleasant) chorus, and Arete is not used to it. She decides that she may as well put this time not-sleeping to good use.

She slips away without waking her sister (although most likely the spotted filly will wake soon enough and realise she is not there) and into the dark, cool night. Winter doesn’t seem to have had much effect on the toweringly tall gigantic trees, almost twice as long as her and goodness knows how high. Pillars of the sky, she muses, as she moves between them easily.

The moon is bright this evening, and she is enjoying herself, moving through the trees, climbing on roots and sticking her nose into plants. She wished that she had some company though – she flirts briefly with the idea of going back to fetch her sister, but decides that she doesn’t want to risk waking all of her family up.

A wolf howls in the distance, and Arete freezes at the unfamiliar sound. It was different to the soft cooing she had heard earlier. This is loud, and harsh, and unafraid. And, unbeknownst to her, a thick fog has begun to roll in off the sea. She holds herself tight to the trunk of one of the trees, and hopes someone comes soon.

@[Alivia] @[Espeon] @[Durotan] @[Jinju]
    No Lily allowed Sad

Messages In This Thread
    you are my sunshine; kids/any - by Arete - 09-08-2016, 01:30 PM
    RE: you are my sunshine; kids/any - by Jinju - 09-09-2016, 02:11 AM
    RE: you are my sunshine; kids/any - by Alivia - 09-09-2016, 08:17 PM
    RE: you are my sunshine; kids/any - by Arete - 09-11-2016, 04:21 PM
    RE: you are my sunshine; kids/any - by Jinju - 09-12-2016, 08:01 AM
    RE: you are my sunshine; kids/any - by Durotan - 09-28-2016, 04:27 PM
    RE: you are my sunshine; kids/any - by Espeon - 09-28-2016, 04:34 PM