• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  god of my mother, hear this cry - kreios, any - amazons?
    “Ask for a land?” The pitch of her voice betrays her confusion, and rightly so. Their homes are gone, but to where? And when? And why? Perhaps it is simply that all this world-traveling has made the cobwebs in her head start to overwhelm what’s left of her brain, but it all needs to settle for a moment, because the pieces just aren’t fitting together right now. “Clearly I’ve been gone for far too long. What happened after the Raid? Why are our homes gone?”

She’d like to know the truth of it, so that she may help her Sisters to the best of her ability. Which doesn’t amount to much right now. She wears her weariness in silver etchings on her skin – plain as day and almost luminescent in the moonlight. All of this – she is clutching at reserves, and the hardened warrior can only imagine what Wessex is feeling. Her daughter would never utter a word of complaint unless the pain was overpowering, or she was pulling at her last dregs of energy. She doesn’t deserve this – the girl merely had the misfortune of being born at the wrong time. Wessex doesn’t need to be run around for god knows how long, while Lagertha tries to set things right again. She should have nights of deep, sound sleep, and friends, and run only when she’s training (or, you know, feels like it).

After it’s all explained, Lagertha takes a moment to sift through it all and find something small that she can do. There is a long silence, and then she huffs. “Right. Well. Nayl, I suppose we should find the others. And Kreios…” Her gaze drops to Wessex, who is dozing on her feet at the moment and looking very much like someone in need of five cheeseburgers and a soft bed. “Would you… would you take Wessex for me for a bit? It’s a miracle that we’re alive right now, and she deserves something peaceful right now. She is a bit odd… but fiercely loyal. Just until we get things sorted out. I could bring her to you tomorrow… And I would be forever in your debt.” Lagertha swallows hard, guilt creating a solid lump in her throat. But the hard line of logic and reason forces it down into her gut, where it dissolves into some sort of relief.

All of this might be more difficult than she thinks, if Kreios has the truth of it. How will they ever unite themselves if there isn’t a clear-cut leader in the picture anymore? Who will make demands, and who will rise to the challenge? Who can the Sisters fully support, with one former Queen essentially out of commission, the other former Queen missing, and ambitions running full speed ahead?

[you can count Wessex towards your group! But she only has like... 6 pts? idk.]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: god of my mother, hear this cry - kreios, any - amazons? - by Lagertha - 09-08-2016, 02:42 PM