• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    With my speechless calm eyes - Roan, Isle?
    Roan listens for him to respond back to her, certain that he will and he does!
    Relief chases that shadows off her face and she looks terribly young in that moment - young and trusting and so very much in love.

He calls her name again, and she can hear his hooves slide against the rocks, knocking some of them loose and they go rolling down off the sides of the mountain. Her small body is shaking from elation and exhaustion as she anticipates his approach, her nostrils flaring as she strives to suck in his familiar scent - gods, she has missed him so! It has been more terrible since the Mountain sucked up all the magic and the lands and left them all scattered across her slopes. But he is there --

She feels his muzzle brush her cheek and she turns her head into him, bringing her muzzle to his shoulder as she echoes his name back into his skin. Roan is about to ask about their daughter but he is asking if she is okay and all she can do is nod her assurance to him even as she lends it voice, “I’m fine darling, but what of Igni? Please tell me she is okay…” She cannot help the plea in her voice as she asks him that. Hell, she’d even accept a lie at this moment until they were down off the Mountain if she just has hope to cling to.

But she can feel his muzzle in her mane again and it distracts her from thoughts of their daughter. She loves the girl but knows she is sharp enough to survive, even as she sighs and buries her face in Brynmor’s shoulder. Roan cannot get enough of his smell and tries to rub it all across her face so that she can always smell him when she breathes in the thin air up here. There are things that she wants to say too, but they go unsaid.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: With my speechless calm eyes - Roan, Isle? - by roan - 09-12-2016, 05:12 PM