• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i've got some damn bad intentions | walter, anyone
    Their eyes remind her of the moon - round and full of wonder.

She had walked on the moon once, bouncing from place to place with the ease she was sure a cloud must feel as it dances through the sky. But her voice has echoed into the empty little sphere, and eventually she needed to hear a sound other than one of her own making, and she had blinked back into good company.

"Do I miss it?" She repeats, puzzling over the question as though she had never considered it. She hasn't really, now that she thinks of it. She does miss her family - her mother and father, her stampede of younger siblings. She has avoided arid places in her wanderings since, each dry breath reminding her of her family. "Yes," She finally says, "Yes I miss it very much."

She turns her head away for the moment, watching the distant mist as it shifts and sparkles. Is the Desert still out there? She wonders, but she also doubts. Her homeland had been the first to go, drenched in seawater that had no place on the golden dunes. It is gone, she is almost certain, drowned beneath the distant waves. Lost in memory, she does not quite realize that she has fallen oddly silent.
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've got some damn bad intentions | walter, anyone - by Djinni - 09-05-2016, 06:55 PM