• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  here it comes with no warning; Kreios
    "Tephra," he repeats, the name unfamiliar and puzzling. He's heard it before, knows that it is to the east, near the ocean. Beyond that it is as mysterious as the mists from which it had emerged. Still, he thinks, if Lucrezia has been persuaded to call it home then it must be a fitting place to live.

"I hope you are happy there," He says, the earnestness in his dark eyes genuine. She has never had it easy when it comes to homes, he knows. First the Chamber and then the Desert; Kreios hopes that she is never pushed or driven from Tephra. He considers staying, thinks of asking after Rome and the new home that she has chosen, but he knows that his responsibilities await him on the mountaintop, and he cannot linger.

"I have to go," he begins, taking a a step away though it it otherwise clear he wishes to linger, "though I'd like to come see Tephra someday." And you, he doesn't add, because they both know that that is what he really means. "Stay safe, Lu."

ooc: i didn't know where to go with this but i'll bother you in tephra later Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    RE: here it comes with no warning; Kreios - by Kreios - 09-13-2016, 01:31 PM