• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm struggling to breathe in the dark ; open
    all that we have amassed sits before us, shattered into ash
    Cress has never thought of herself has being different; where she is from, she simply fits in. She is from a kingdom that has been torn asunder again and again by war after war and she is not the only one to have earned her fair share of battle scars, even though most of hers are from fighting the Dark God himself. Perhaps her stories are interesting ones, but she has never been possessed a silver tongue, and she has never had anyone to spill her secrets to. There is nary a soul who knows the torture she has endured at the hands of the darkest magician.

The curly-haired stallion is certain to make note of her differences, and she cannot help but chuckle at that. “I suppose I am,” she replies easily, her pale tail flicking gently over her hocks. “You are quite different yourself, no? I don’t believe I’ve ever seen another horse with hair like yours.”

They are joined by a third, a stallion who introduces himself as Tiphon. Cress dips her head at him politely before she turns her attention back to the buckskin stallion, who wants them to describe the things that would deter him from the kingdom. Tiphon speaks first, saying they need more members and fresh blood, and Cress cannot help but nod. “The Valley has a severe lack of diplomats,” she tells Eskil. “In times like these, where the relations between the kingdoms are so tense, diplomats are desperately needed.”

With a smile, she continues. “And the winters nearly deter me every year. Living in a valley between mountains, we get strong winds and snow blowing off of the mountains constantly. I admit that it is worse than standing out here in the field, but with a thick coat you get used to it quickly enough… but there is no doubt about it: the winters are long, hard, and above all else, cold.” She laughs then. “You asked for the truth of it.”
    cress
    oxytocin x kindling

this is the worst post ever i am so sorry :c

infected.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm struggling to breathe in the dark ; open - by Cress - 08-31-2016, 12:04 AM