• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will breathe the air (topsail + any family)
    I will run the streets and hostile lands, I will touch the rain with all I have
    I will breathe the air, to scream it loud. My feet will never touch the ground.

The ground crunches under Camelia’s feet. Although autumn has only just arrived, it seems this part of Beqanna has accepted it wholeheartedly. There is a certain chilly atmosphere surrounding it that is the complete opposite of Heaven’s Gates. It drives straight past her skin and into her bones, leaving a deep ache of cold and mild fear. She knows she shouldn’t worry; she knows she shouldn’t be concerned with her own mortality. After all, despite being an awful mother to her second child, she still birthed her. Hopefully that would still sway Topsail from tearing her mother to shreds on the spot.

The dunskin mare shudders, her warm eyes warily glancing around. The Valley is the opposite of the Gates in every single way. Light struggles to make its way through – she has come in the early morning, with the sun just barely escaping the embrace of the horizon – and the trees reach twisted arms up to the sky. There is a biting breeze that tears across her sides when she is not within the shelter of the forest. Camelia’s heart longs for her dear homeland, but her determination to speak with her daughter keeps her feet moving.

She doesn’t cross the border, old instincts and strongly-secured manners keeping her close but never past. She scents wolves in the distance and that partially keeps her feet beside the strong trunk she leans against. The journey has been long and tiring on her aging body; despite her mind in perhaps its finest form, her muscles are weak and her joints are achy. She rests her body against the side of the tree, catching her breath for a brief moment before she stretches her mind to reach for her beloved, hopelessly lost daughter.

Camelia

Messages In This Thread
    i will breathe the air (topsail + any family) - by Camelia - 08-17-2016, 09:57 PM