• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  would you show me the meaning of love; any
    Would you show me the meaning of love...
    Under the cover of darkness, the rich smell of damp earth and old leaves briefly permeates the adoption den, perfumed with the sweet scent of vibrant jungle flowers. The shadows thicken and darken, coalescing into a ball before dispersing to reveal a small bundle of fur nestled into the long grass, barely visible amidst the greenery. A tiny filly lies curled up there, all soft golden tones framed and coated in black as though fire climbed her limbs, singeing her shoulders and hips and crawling along her back and neck, leaving soot in its wake. 

Oh, but not all of the shadows that heralded her arrival have disappeared; some cling in wisps to the little girl’s back, forming the vague shape of wings folded close to her body. She stirs, shifting slightly in her sleep as a soft whuff of air escapes her tiny lungs. Those barely-there wings rustle, spreading out and resettling against her, blanketing more of her dappled sides as though shadows could somehow keep her warm.

She is, after all, used to much warmer conditions than a late summer evening in the den provides. The cozy heat of being cradled inside her mother’s body, followed just briefly by the sweltering heat of the jungle during the warmest part of the year. Such an abrupt transition, but at least she was dried off and cleaned up in the process. So new, she hasn’t even opened her eyes yet, and the intervention of a passing fairy fills her belly and allows her to sleep on a little longer still. And so she does, a little smile curving up the corner of her mouth as she sinks into another dream and waits.
    ...so it doesn't affect me much?

Messages In This Thread
    would you show me the meaning of love; any - by Qismat - 08-16-2016, 11:43 PM