• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a tall ship and a star to steer her by
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    The sparkly-pretty mare knows how to take a compliment, even if it comes in a wrap of humor and dismissal. He nods to her, though tilts his head when she says she has ‘agreed to live here’. ”I hope you like crowds,” he muses dryly, letting his attention for her fade to check their surroundings. ”And salt-water cacti.”

He shrugs a little, replacing his weight as the unnaturally beautiful tobiano mare joins them. Her eyes betray her age - close to his and the new recruit’s - but there’s something about the lines of her face, the trace of her shoulders, that makes him pause. It’s familiar in a way, so perhaps she is related to someone he knows.

She speaks as if she’s a resident, and yet, she smells more of the sea than of the Loessian climate. That’s more than interesting. The scaled roan tilts his head at her, thinking it over - that he hasn’t seen her before, mostly - then looks back to the purplish mare as she introduces herself. ”Name’s Leilan,” he adds, ”I specialize in harassing Castile these days - like it’s inevitable every time I near Loess, and so I haven’t seen a lot of it for a long time. You two make a welcome change of scenery.” he tells them, as if that’s all small talk. It’s true that the last time he went any further than the border must be nearly 10 years ago, even though he recently visited twice. And that time hadn’t been too great either, seeing as Arthas had stolen him then. And recently… once it coincided with Lepis, making the experience not as happy as hoped, and the second time he was only here, just to nicely rephrase Jesper’s request that Castile meet him in the North due to his leg having shattered in a battle just prior.

Honestly, one might conclude he was fated never to really enjoy Loess. Even now, he had a mission in the back of his mind, though it did not seem like anyone around here really needed anything at the moment.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Isobell]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a tall ship and a star to steer her by - by Leilan - 10-30-2019, 10:47 AM