• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

love was a country we couldn't defend, thorn
    His name feels so special come out of her mouth.

There is nothing like that first crush, at least to those not jaded enough to feel it. Thorn has had the luck so many wish they had: such a warm upbringing that this feeling blooming in his chest has ample room to grow. He feels it chase adrenaline through his veins and envelop all of his senses. Infatuation and discovery weave the stickiest of webs, and the winged colt is a more than willing victim.

Of course, Prayer is his spider, but she only wraps him in that innocent obsession of youth. Thorn briefly wonders if she feels as enamored as he, and he draws his head back in contemplation. A stormy look passes across his eyes, but it is quickly wiped away by the sound of his name in her girlish voice.

“Prayer,” he parrots back, savoring the way it tastes just as she did. He smiles a smile so dopey that even he can feel its goofiness. “Don’t look away! I like the way you look at me.” This he adds as if it the most normal thing to say.

Water splashes into the snow when Thorn finally steps out. He visibly shivers against the cold air, tucking his monotone wings tightly against his sides. “I’m f-freezing.” He pauses because of his chattering teeth. “Maybe we should find somewhere warm.” The way he doesn’t even think Prayer won’t accompany is so pure, as if this is just another adventure with an old pal. He smiles and nudges her neck, then demands, “Come on!”
    thorn
    under your skin, over the moon

don't let me in, I don't know what I'd do

roses are fallin', roses from fallin' for you, ooh

@[prayer]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: love was a country we couldn't defend, thorn - by thorn - 10-16-2019, 12:42 AM