• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I took the stars from our eyes and then I made a map
    She doesn't know what it is that pulls her to this place every birthing season. Maybe wit was her own childhood, being lost and broken, taken in by a stranger she grew to love and call mother. Maybe it was the heartbreaking fact that she had lost her own firstborn daughter and it had left a void she wanted to fill by helping others find a safe place.

What ever it may be she knew she needed to come here. Earlier that morning she had made sure Kalil's belly was full and that Owin and Popinjay were looked after before leaving Aten to tend to the kids as she made her way to the lonely pit in Beqanna where all lost children seemed to go.

Her golden, chocolate dipped body, slimmer now that Kalil had made his appearance but still round with motherhood, graced it's way through the dense trees ahead. Her amethyst eyes wandered to the thick canopy above brought on by the newly arrived spring. The leaves dripped catiously against her muzzle from the storm that had dashed through the day before. The daydreaming didn't last long however, as something or someone caught her attention.

Lethy's ears shot forward as she moved in the direction of the plea for help. mama!

Lethy darted through the forest towards the voice, closer and closer to the den. As the cry quieted but became louder all at once she slowed her pace air softly escaping her nostrils. As she rounded one particular tree she stopped her ears titching as she inhaled the scents around her. Dropping her head she found her, a small, silver babe curled up against the tree helplessly alone. Hey, it's
    okay. You're not alone anymore.
    having just given birth a few suns ago her mother instincts where in full force. She dipped lower to the huddled, quivering girl inspecting her to make sure she wasn't hurt. My name is Lethia. What's yours? she said softly not wanting to startle the girl more.
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Orion]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I took the stars from our eyes and then I made a map - by Izora Lethia - 09-24-2019, 07:06 PM