• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream... [heartfire]

She's got the devil's eyes

If there is any true fault Heartfire has that she has absolutely no recognition of, it would be this one. This inability to accept that sometimes, there is no rhyme nor reason to the way the world works. For Heartfire, everything must have reason. Even if others cannot see it, there is always reason. And perhaps there is here too. Or perhaps there is not.

Either way, it seems Heartfire would not be learning of it today. And that is quite possibly the most frustrating thing the roan mare could ever (or would ever) experience.

She remains silent for a long time in the wake of Kagerus’ admission. The confusion has made it clear she would receive no answer, and in a way, Kagerus’ attempt at disappearance is answer enough. But Heartfire is not a woman who cares to wonder about things. She is not a woman who is content leaving well enough alone. A dangerous fault, no doubt, but one she cannot seem to shake.

So rather than leaving as her companion suggests, she remains rooted where she is, blue eyes fixed on the faint shimmer where the antlered woman had disappeared. That shimmer tells her she had not left. That she still stood there, either unwilling or unable to leave herself.

No doubt she would one day curse herself with her own curiosity. For today though, it merely prevents her from leaving as she otherwise might have done.

“Am I?” she finally asks, breaking the long silence as she speaks into the air. She doesn’t wait for an answer. “I’m not so certain,” she continues thoughtfully, features surprisingly gentle beneath the ambivalence. “I think maybe you knew I could help you.”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

I'm so sorry, I'm literally the WORST

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream... [heartfire] - by Heartfire - 09-17-2019, 11:16 AM