• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    One for all; Jesper, any
    Jesper had hoped Leilan would dive right into what brings him back to the Isle. It would be a welcome distraction. Reliving his mistake and recent battle with Sabrina is certainly not something he wants to admit. However, he muses, every leader makes mistakes and, so long as he learns from them, he is becoming a better leader. So, when the silver bay stallion points out Jesper's off stride, the black offers a chuckle in return. He also stretches his whiskered muzzle out to lightly brush his brother's in order to exchange the greeting. Once the gesture is complete, Jesper decides to entertain Leilan with current events on the Isle. He figures, he has to give a little to get any, right?

"It is good to see you, too! I imagine you are dying to know what has been going on here." The black lowers his nose and shifts his gaze to point to his right front leg. With a chuckle, he continues. "Well, I took my eyes off of the Isle for just a moment too long and, someone called me out on it. In the duel, she got a hold of my leg and, broke it. I owe everything to a very gracious healer named Caelestra. She fixed it and spared me from wasting away. Of course, the last thing you want to hear is that I let the Isle fall apart but, I swear to you, it won't happen a second time. I certainly will not let my guard down again."

Jesper supposes that this information will bring about more questions than answers. He braces himself for Leilan to press for more details. In an effort to change topics, Jesper offers a more personal current event. "You may be interested to know that I am falling for another lady. I didn't think my heart could handle it after Lavendel but, I feel ready to let her in. And, that is something. Okay! That's enough. I must know what has been going on in Beqanna. What news do you bring from the mainland?"
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    One for all; Jesper, any - by Leilan - 08-19-2019, 06:29 AM
    RE: One for all; Jesper, any - by Jesper - 08-20-2019, 04:11 PM
    RE: One for all; Jesper, any - by Leilan - 08-22-2019, 11:04 AM
    RE: One for all; Jesper, any - by Jesper - 08-23-2019, 09:48 PM
    RE: One for all; Jesper, any - by Leilan - 08-27-2019, 02:57 PM
    RE: One for all; Jesper, any - by Jesper - 08-27-2019, 11:22 PM
    RE: One for all; Jesper, any - by Leilan - 08-28-2019, 07:44 AM