• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana]
    Her ire is hard to bear, even though he knew enough to expect it. There really was no other response in this situation, none that would make sense. The unexpected was her news, that he had two grown children and one of them was like him. And suddenly, he knew his parent's story. They were playing it out all over again, only this time, he was the one to disappear. 

It was like all the air had been pressed from his lungs. He had wanted so badly to be better than his father. To be there for his children, and to help raise them. What he'd learned from Castile had been so helpful, even if it had come late, and little. He and his brother had learned quickly enough that they would not be their sire's priority. Maybe that's why Raul clung so tightly to their mother, and refused to give up on the troubled mare. What other family did they have, but each other? 

But now he knew, he did have other family. Venus. And the children he'd sired on her, then left her to deal with. She wouldn't be left behind again. His throat was tight as he spoke. "I had no idea... I... I'm sorry. My mother is unwell, and Raul wanted us all there to support her. I didn't think... I would have come back sooner, if I had known." There were no words he could say to make his better. He knew that from his own experience on the other end of things. He also knew that there was much work ahead of him if he wanted any sort of relationship with his children. 

A great gust of smoky air blew from his nose, a weary sigh. There was more explaining to do. More layers that needed straightening out. "I am looking for a place to stay. I have a younger sister, it turns out. Sabra was not kind to her, and now I'm looking for a place for her to live in safety. When I find it, I will bring you there as well, if you wish. You and-" he paused, aware that he did not even know their children's names. His teeth sharpened in self-hate, before he continued in a grumble. "You will all be welcome. I know I failed you before, but I won't again. I want to keep my family safe, Venus. I want to know my children better than my father did." His blue and orange eyes glowed with the intensity of his emotions as he promised to her. 

@[Venus]

Messages In This Thread
    Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 08-18-2019, 05:49 PM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 08-20-2019, 09:27 AM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Santana - 08-20-2019, 11:48 AM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 08-27-2019, 04:31 PM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 09-09-2019, 10:20 AM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 09-13-2019, 02:06 PM