• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  things we never thought we could be, adna
    ADNA

I wish I could take the hands of time and turn them in reverse
    I'd take back every long goodbye with venom in my words

It is the last resort, this final railing against him, and when it fails, she is left to face the fact that there is nothing there for her to get out of him. Either he is merely a robot and lacks the heart he claims to have gone missing or she is just not enough to stir him. It doesn’t matter because in the end, she is left wanting.

“Bethlehem,” she says his name, her voice quieter, the girl exhausted for running the gauntlet of all of the emotions before him tonight. Another frown that creases her brow before her expression smooths and she is left to focus on drawing her breath slowly and steadily—just trying to find solid ground again.

It’s a beautiful name, and she would tell him that if he gave her any inkling that he’d care to hear it.

It’s a beautiful name, and she finds that the granite of his jaw is beautiful, too.

But these die on her tongue because what’s the point in telling him anything more when he so clearly doesn’t want to hear them from her any longer. She just rolls her shoulders at what he says. “Maybe you just didn’t look hard enough,” she says, almost to herself and then her lips twitch again with humor.

Because she doesn’t really think he wanted to find love in the first place.

She can’t imagine him wanting anything.

“Maybe I should just go,” she says, feeling the space that yawns open between them like a physical thing, filled with all of the things that go unspoken by him and all of the things (too many things) said by her.

the only way to being found is getting lost at first
    but all I find are more bridges to burn

Messages In This Thread
    RE: things we never thought we could be, adna - by adna - 08-18-2019, 06:10 PM