• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  things we never thought we could be, adna

bethlehem
    sometimes i wonder, will god ever forgive us for what we've done to each other?
    then i look around and realize, god left this place a long time ago.

He wonders, idly, if he should feel threatened.
    If she bares her teeth to instill some sense of fear in him.
    Or at least some semblance of trepidation.

But he looks at her and feels nothing beyond the rawness in his throat and the splintered edges of all that frustration that lives in him. He can feel it in the marrow of his fucking bones. So, he opens his eyes and she bares her teeth and demands an answer from him that he simply does not have and all he can think is, give me something worth remembering.

His nostrils flare and he casts a glance over his shoulder for no reason other than to afford himself the opportunity to try and force his thoughts into a pattern that makes sense. He swallows thickly and drags his focus back to her face – that dark face and the eyes that flash with some kind of warning he is perhaps too dumb or too plain or too otherwise ordinary to translate. You should be afraid, it says but he doesn’t have it in him.

He grits his own teeth but he does not gnash them. He merely shifts his weight and rolls one shoulder in a noncommittal short of shrug. Something wicked twists in the pit of his gut but it is not fear and it is not frustration. It is something dark and lonely and he narrows his gaze at her. “Where else would I be?” he asks then, as if it is really that simple. As if that had been the answer she was looking for when she’d asked it.

What are you doing here?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: things we never thought we could be, adna - by bethlehem - 08-18-2019, 12:35 AM