• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Found my Dulcinea but I don't remember when; any

Aodhán
    little fire
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all who wander are lost
    She’s… interesting. Yes, that’s the word. She keeps looking at him with her dragon-eyes, and he wonders why she seems to have so much trouble answering. Honestly, if she said he needed to get lost, he would - but instead she makes the effort of speech even though everything else about her radiates that she doesn’t really want to.

For a moment, he is taken aback by this, but then he lets it slide. She could walk away or snarl, and she did neither, so he stayed until she let him know he wasn’t welcome. Both horses find a moment of silence they share, in which they do explore one another curiously but don’t find it the right time to ask outright where they’re from. So, he nods at her name. ”Cthalpa,” he repeats with a nod, slowly getting familiarized with the strange sound. ”Nice meeting you.” he tells her genuinely, for he always loves meeting people even though she seems by far more timid than he.

The three-year old waits for her to see if anything else follows, not pushing although that would have been his nature (he would have, say, about 2 years ago). When she does speak, he grins at her a bit. ”Guilty as charged. Though I’m not lost - I’m on my way to the meadow, and perhaps the field. I’m moving, you see, or at least I hope they don’t kick me out - and I figured perhaps others would like to see the Pampas too. It’s really something.” he continues, the subject one he probably wouldn’t stop talking about for long if she let him - but he stops himself, just about polite enough - instead he focuses back on her. ”Where are you headed? Perhaps we can travel in the same direction a bit.”

@[Cthalpa]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Found my Dulcinea but I don't remember when; any - by Aodhan - 07-28-2019, 07:16 AM