• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wait on you at the bottom of the deep blue sea; Olver

All of the voices inside of my mind will never be silenced

Though she had come to the meadow through river and sea, the path they take to her coastal home is much drier. And longer, though she hardly notices the way time passes. Somehow, this new, budding friendship feels as though it has existed for eons rather than the short time it truthfully had. It’s so easy to fall into comfortable companionship with him, allowing the time and distance to pass with surprising speed. Before she knows it, the trees begin to thin and the air begins to grow warm and humid, the familiar scent of wild flora and briny ocean telling her they had reached her home.

She does not pause on the border, instead forging ahead to find a small inlet where saltwater laps at a small, clear beach. Splashing almost heedlessly into the waves, she breathes a soft sigh as the water curls around her fetlocks. It’s foolish, perhaps, but it’s the first time she had ever been away from the water so long since that fateful day she had nearly drowned. She hadn’t realized how greatly she would miss it in it’s absence.

Turning, her sea-blue gaze finds Olver, a soft smile curving her lips then as she takes in her new friend standing in her home. Here because she had asked, because he had chosen to follow. She realizes then just how lonely she had been. Despite her family, her siblings. She is lucky, she knows, but she now understands that this is exactly what she had been missing.

“Welcome to Tephra,” she finally says, her smile echoed in the gentle tone of her voice. “What do you think?”

until I can find a way to let go of what we left behind

persea

@[Olver]

Messages In This Thread
    I wait on you at the bottom of the deep blue sea; Olver - by Persea - 07-26-2019, 03:16 PM