• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  So this is me swallowing my pride, telling you I'm sorry for that night; Raed
    it's a lonely road, I know,
    and nothing ever stands between a bullet and your soul;

Wayward though he was, he still thought of Lethy.

He was connected to her now in a way unlike any other. Not because they shared a child, but because they had lost one. He has never been a very good father to any of his children, and not because he doesn’t care, but simply because he didn’t know how to be one. It didn’t change the fact that losing one had created a grief in him that he had not known was possible. It sat in his chest like a stone, this uncomfortable and heavy feeling that refused to go away. He can’t claim that he would have been a good father to this, because nothing says that he would have changed. But the inexplicable anguish on Lethy’s face haunted him, even though he knew there was nothing he could do to make it right.

She had disappeared that day, and though he had looked for her, it had been to no avail. He had checked Loess occasionally, but more frequently the river, unsure if this would be the place she most likely returned, or the place she would steer clear of.

Eventually, he gave up, assuming she had vanished for a reason. He couldn’t really blame her.

When he winds himself through the forest, she is the last thing he expects to see. It’s the flash of the sun reflecting off the gold of her skin that catches his attention first, that causes him to stall and examine her more carefully. When he recognizes her, he is immediately torn on whether he should approach, or keep his distance. Before he can make up his mind, his legs are already carrying him towards her, seemingly of their own accord. “Lethy,” He says in the low, smooth tones of his voice, his dark eyes guarded as he tries to gauge her reaction to seeing him. “I...I looked for you,” he confesses quietly, having stopped just a foot or so away from her, before falling silent.

R A E D

@[Izora Lethia]
    [Image: Raed.jpg]
    (click for full size)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: So this is me swallowing my pride, telling you I'm sorry for that night; Raed - by Raed - 06-23-2019, 10:52 PM