• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  they say personality skips a generation; any!
    lost in the dark

WELL gosh-diddly-darn if it isn’t Beqanna. I’ve been gone but we don’t know where or how I got back because apparently this place is just a big ol’ island not really connected to anywhere else? So I guess we all just sort of swim for days to arrive? Some things are better left unexplained or maybe we just call it magic and then call it a day.

Regardless, I’m here and however I got here I’m in one semi-solid piece.

I say semi-solid because, despite being a fully-grown boy, I look as though someone could knock me over with a harsh look. Luckily it takes a little bit more than that - otherwise my mothers would’ve killed me long ago.

One of them did try and I’ve got a pretty cool looking scar on the side of my neck because of it but like, what are you gonna do? Sometimes your mom is a feral monster and when she sees that you’re literally just skin and bones and not another feral monster like the “chosen children” she decides to eat you instead. Like it’s my fault I crawled out of an egg looking all weird.

Anyway, enough of that. I’ll ramble on about my harsh childhood once we get to know each other a little bit more.

Right now I’m just sort of milling about in this big ol’ meadow. I’ve got my face in a thicket of wildflowers and I’m breathing deeply the sweet scent that they’re giving off. Spring is my favourite season but summer does just fine too. Everything is green and alive - except, I guess, for me. Oh, I’m alive - duh - but I’m a walking shadow, everything from the tip of my canine teeth to the blood in my veins is a rich black that Anish Kapoor would eat his heart out to achieve.

There’s others around but I’m feeling a little shy, a little worried about approaching them. Aside from my mothers and my less-than-chatty siblings I’ve never actually had a conversation with anyone and I don’t know how to start it! Is “Good day” too formal? What about “what’s up my fine gentleman?” What do the kids around these parts say nowadays to get someone’s attention?

So I just need to stand here and hope beyond hope that someone will come over and say hello to the skeleton with his nose in a bush of bright baby blue flowers who is very obviously trying not to stare at every single other horse in this meadow.

Gotta play it cool, right?

image from unsplash

Messages In This Thread
    they say personality skips a generation; any! - by Velkan - 06-06-2019, 08:03 PM