• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  catch a rat by her tail

Vadar

Seven characteristics are in an uncultivated person, and seven in a learned one

His newfound power was not for show, no matter how much her face tells him that she thought otherwise. It was an extension of himself, a phantom limb he was eager to flex and control. Practice, even for the simplest of things like relieving his aching legs, was necessary to bettering his mastery over the creatures he gave life to, and no one (not even lady Jude) could make him feel small for using it. Though he appreciates the effort of her silently trying to emasculate him, Vadar holds onto his own faint look of disinterest while she quietly contemplates a reply.

There’s a moment of pure composure that washes over her, twinging that side of himself which lingered and made him feel a bit guilty, but not long after her lips are moving and they grow into a smile which suits her so much he feels bothered. The pink mare knew her way around a grin, and she squeezes herself gently under his skin when those hard eyes of hers fade right through him.

Shit, he thinks. Not liking that feeling at all.

The sitting horse pushes that emotion away and waits for her gaze to return, where it settles into his own with a ferocity that makes him nearly beam in satisfaction. Had they both pricked each other, then? Seems like it. Else why would Jude make it a point to bring out his failure in the past? Maybe her intention is to knock him down a peg, or force him to recognize his own shortcomings, but instead he only translates her petty remarks into victory for the current situation. His white grin is lopsided and secure; the moment she falls silent he rises from his seat, water trailing down his puckered skin.

“Fuck you.” He laughs, looking up to her. “You can’t even see me from behind so it wouldn’t matter in the long run.” The white-marked stallion retorts. All-in-all its painfully clear that he’s hooked again, and would probably be hooked a hundred times if he kept forgetting her. You could just see that he was daring her to keep on because he liked it. Vadar wouldn’t pussycat around this one for all the magic in the world, nor would he fall back into the pattern of constantly questioning himself.

That version of the silver black was long gone, and Jude could just get used to it.

“I saw how disappointed you looked when I said I wasn’t familiar with you. I’m not blind.” He smirked. “I’m willing to bet you liked me just as much then as you apparently do now. I’ll also bet you that this time I won’t let you get away without sealing that aforementioned deal.” The stallion challenged, confidently nodding his head. “Are you the gambling type, Flamingo?”

Info/Ref

@[peregrine jude] mm mm tasty

Messages In This Thread
    catch a rat by her tail - by peregrine jude - 04-01-2019, 04:38 PM
    RE: catch a rat by her tail - by Vadar - 04-07-2019, 07:38 PM
    RE: catch a rat by her tail - by peregrine jude - 04-19-2019, 08:03 PM
    RE: catch a rat by her tail - by Vadar - 04-22-2019, 01:50 PM
    RE: catch a rat by her tail - by peregrine jude - 04-26-2019, 09:28 PM
    RE: catch a rat by her tail - by Vadar - 05-01-2019, 08:54 PM
    RE: catch a rat by her tail - by peregrine jude - 05-11-2019, 09:35 PM
    RE: catch a rat by her tail - by Vadar - 05-13-2019, 11:33 PM
    RE: catch a rat by her tail - by peregrine jude - 05-27-2019, 03:24 PM