• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

holiday party; sabra
    Sochi's words are no revelation to me. That is the common reality, is it not? Life and death are the only options, they forget that sometimes there is choice partway between the two. Weak blood, with a body that refused to perish. That would be my legacy to the girl. Even if she should want to die, her desires would go unanswered. 

There is no point in arguing, however, I haven't the wherewithal to debate the matter. Even if I did I could see that the dark mare had only a fleeting interest in the topic. Haughty and certain of her correctness, I get the impression that conversations of mortality would do nothing but bore her. Any other day, that in itself would have been enough motive for me to press on, to see just how much irritation she could take before the cool exterior cracked. 

Tonight, though, everything lurked too near the surface for my typical games to have any pleasure. 

Meeting her gaze steadily, I consider her reflections of my own questions, jaw tightening when I realize that I have no ready answer to give. Once, the river had been my haven. I had loved the sound of it, the way it cleaned away every smudge and shadow from my mind if I stood there long enough. Once. Now darker memories crowded out the good, and I was adrift again. 

She had struck to the heart of the matter in one indifferent query. So many days it felt like I didn't exist at all. That I really had died when Klaudius had struck me through the heart, and everything I'd experienced since was my brain slowly catching up. Beyond that, I knew I'd lost something that day, some core piece that made me who I was. My passion had been twisted into vengeful bitterness, with nowhere to turn but inward. Certain she could see the tumult in my face, I spoke aloud anyway. 

"It has been far too long, since I recognized myself." It is almost a relief, to speak like this with someone who doesn't care. All too often, its the ones that think they care who lie the worst. In the half light, I watch her teeth thicken and stretch into lethal points. Hunger gleams in her eyes as she moves, stirring nothing beyond mild curiosity in my breast. 

Whatever she is, I have faced worse without blinking. Whatever she could do to me, I believe I'd survive. When I have nothing else, I have that. A taunting smile curls my mouth. Tipping my neck to the side, I open it to her examination, feeling the blood flow through my veins. "Go on, then. Paint the snow with my blood. Drink me down, and tell me what I taste like," I invite, feeling strange excitement build within. It's chaotic and dangerous, this open mockery of Death. Dreamlike. 

"Add a new scar or two, and I'll always remember you." It's a dark promise, one i know would be easy to keep. Each silvery break in my coat is a memory, a lesson. I'd like to remember this. I'd like to remember this woman with her glinting eyes and cool words.

@[Sochi]

Messages In This Thread
    holiday party; sabra - by sochi - 01-08-2019, 01:16 AM
    RE: holiday party; sabra - by Sabra - 01-09-2019, 12:50 AM
    RE: holiday party; sabra - by sochi - 01-09-2019, 02:03 AM
    RE: holiday party; sabra - by Sabra - 01-09-2019, 02:39 PM
    RE: holiday party; sabra - by sochi - 01-10-2019, 12:16 AM
    RE: holiday party; sabra - by Sabra - 01-10-2019, 12:05 PM
    RE: holiday party; sabra - by sochi - 01-11-2019, 11:22 PM
    RE: holiday party; sabra - by Sabra - 01-12-2019, 01:23 AM
    RE: holiday party; sabra - by sochi - 01-12-2019, 03:05 PM
    RE: holiday party; sabra - by Sabra - 01-13-2019, 01:57 PM