• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Any

She sees the stranger long before she comes into view. She had come here with a purpose, and it would hardly do to be taken by surprise by the first to find her. That the first should be a woman of unknown origin is interesting. No, it’s more than interesting. Concerning, perhaps, but she would reserve judgement for the time being. After all, it seems strangers of all sorts are drawn to this desolate isle.

Odd, that. A single ice coated island at the very north of Beqanna the epicenter of such life-changing events. But then, odd is what she deals in, isn’t it? It seems, even when she doesn’t precipitate it, she still finds herself drawn to the unusual. The things that stand out above the rest.

She continues forward until they meet, only halting when she is close enough to speak comfortably to the woman. Her eyes follow the trail of frozen waves she had left in her wake, impassive and inscrutable. Her features are still, unreadable, the familiarity of the seamless calm having finally settled over her once more. Though her companion likely didn’t know it, she had already begun to know her better than she might care for. Words and thoughts could easily lie, but sight so rarely does.

It’s unusual though, not entirely what she is accustomed to. Almost as though the woman had lacked vision for some time. Until she digs further. Back before the isle had disappeared so many years ago.

How curious.

Her bright blue gaze focuses sharply on the woman before her, suddenly far more interested than she had been a moment ago. “Kora, isn’t it?” she returns by way of greeting. “You have an interesting story, I think.” One corner of her lips quirks faintly then, a bare semblance of a smile. “I am Heartfire.”

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Any - by Heartfire - 11-30-2018, 01:25 PM