• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

tell me i'm wrong, and i'll say i'm sorry | any

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

Over the last year, Tephra had begun to shake the dusk from her coat. She had begun to rise from her slumber, accepting the new souls that begin to trickle in and give her life, stretching out and knotting together into something beautiful and entirely new. When the disease struck. When the plague began to spread, such activity only served to increase. Each day it seemed like a new individual or a new family came to their borders seeking sanctuary from the illness that was beginning to spread throughout the rest of the land. Each of them were welcome, and Magnus did his best to greet them all.

It was no different when he saw the woman of teal and amethyst cross into Tephra.

Intrigued, he lifted his head, watching her for a moment before angling toward her.

When he is near enough that she could hear him, but far enough away to still afford her personal space, he comes to a stop, considering her with kind gold-flecked eyes. “Hello there.” He is reminded starkly of the time following the reckoning, when greeting another could mean so many different things. There were those who were deeply wounded by what happened and desperate for stability. There were those who were angry at what they had lost, at what had been taken from them, who just wanted revenge. And there were those who had been stirred away by the event and simply wanted to breathe life into themselves.

It was impossible to know exactly which one you’d find whenever you met someone new.

So he doesn’t presume one way or another, he just watches her quietly for a moment before dipping his head in greeting. “My name is Magnus. Is there something I can help you with?”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: tell me i'm wrong, and i'll say i'm sorry | any - by magnus - 11-04-2018, 04:07 PM