• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Between two memories

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

So many of them gather with the old Beqanna still stained on their coats.

It’s practically tattooed on their foreheads, their history dragged down to their very marrow. He can feel it in the back of his throat, something like nostalgia and bitter like deja vu. He could blink and be back in his actual youth—and not just this moment with the strange magic that keeps him just appearing to live forever in it. He could be there, talking to someone about the Chamber or the Gates or even the Dale, the souls of his past looming behind him larger than life. His parents, still alive. Joelle, still there.

It burns in his chest and he almost withdraws because of it.

It burns even worse when he sees Kagerus arrive.

He frowns for a moment but gives her distance, allowing her to handle this situation however she sees fit. Instead, he keeps his eyes on North, gold-flecked gaze intense beneath the tangled locks of his forelock. “I like simple, North.” He had always been a simple man. No magic to his name. No powers to call upon. It was nice to know that there were others like him still in the world, so normal in a world so not normal.

“Tephra is not quite an island, although we are surrounded by sea on all three sides. It strips through our land, making passage dangerous in some spots, but it, along with the volcano, is what makes it such a beautiful land.” Teeming with life. Bright with vegetation so thick that no horse could make passage.  It was so similar to the jungle of his childhood that it sometimes made his heart ache with the wonder of it. “Even if you rest your head elsewhere, you should come visit sometime. I’d love to show you it.”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Between two memories - by North - 09-11-2018, 08:24 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by Brennen - 09-11-2018, 09:37 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by magnus - 09-11-2018, 11:16 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by Kagerus - 09-11-2018, 11:47 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by North - 09-12-2018, 06:32 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by Brennen - 10-08-2018, 09:52 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by magnus - 10-09-2018, 09:32 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by Kagerus - 10-12-2018, 09:14 PM
    RE: Between two memories - by North - 10-17-2018, 07:34 PM