• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Closed] Who waits for their own slaughter... sheep.

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

She is foreign and blunt and he finds that he appreciates both things. There is something in the spice of her accent, hanging thickly between them, that reminds him of home and he revels in it, tasting the exotic roll of it and thinking of his mother and the vines and wondering if her heart beat for it the way his still did—would always. But he doesn’t let his mind wander terribly far down such paths, although they remain tempting. Instead he keeps his focus trained on her, gold-flecked eyes burning with interest.

At her question, a surprised laugh escapes him, whiskey burning the edges of his mouth.

He considers, for a moment, giving her the softened version of his answer. Giving her the polite answer to give in such a situation—the one that rests even now in the back of his mouth, drilled into him as the correct thing to say. But something in the sharpness in her eye, the predator tilt of her lip, makes him reconsider it and something simmers in his belly. “You certainly cut quickly to the heart of the matter, Aysel.” His voice drops, taking on a rougher edge, the sound of sword against sheath.

“I have fought for many things throughout my lifetime—many worthwhile endeavors. Land, family, love—all of them.” He could probably pinpoint each of the scars on him and tell her each story. Here. This is where I raided with my kingdom. Here. This is where I fought to rescue my family from their kidnapper. Here. This is where I was struck to my knees before my skull cracked and my life spilled out.

“But the truth is that I have always fought because I enjoyed it.”

He doesn’t try to soften it for her. She asked and he would be honest.

“Some would say I enjoy it too much,” a hunger sharpened the edges of his lacerated mouth, pulled taut in the corners as he considers her. “But they aren’t the ones on the front lines, are they?”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

@[Aysel] well this took a turn haha (i love her she's gorgeous)
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [open/any] Who waits for their own slaughter... sheep. - by magnus - 10-08-2018, 01:52 AM