• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  i feel a bad moon rising - Wolfbane

WOLFBANE

A haunt wisps past the borders of Loess and Wolfbane, cloaked in invisibility he rarely activates, watches her with baited breath. He should be concerned that she’s come here, but it seems logical: Loess had always been her home and he wasn’t the one to swipe that comfort out from underneath her. When his unseen legs drift casually into the footsteps Lepis leaves behind there’s a moment of guilt, one where he realizes he should expose himself and question her but he simply doesn’t. There’s too much unspoken fascination rattling about in his mind this early morning. “What are you looking for?” He wonders, stifling a laugh as he quietly observes her exploration of the flora and fauna, her pale skin backlit by an early spring dawn.

It’s not like him to spy, not like him at all and yet … Bane holds the guise of his magic trick even when she moves on, close enough to view the few wispy strands of her ombré tail as it flicks like a blue-white banner behind the odd assortment of ocotillo and palo verde. She blends into the silt and sands, scrub and edible grass as if Loess itself has sculpted her from the clay along its riverbanks. In silent admiration the stout pegasus stallion begins to feel the weight of her constant presence over this past year - how much Lepis alone has influenced him - and he regrets the loss of her to Sylva, in title if nothing else.

Pausing, the secret audience he’s given to her becomes momentarily forgotten when a quail’s echoing note wails above the silence. It seems the Cleric has found a niche between boulders to uncover, and Wolfbane contemplates casting aside this folly of a snipe-hunt in favor of a little exploration of his own until the muffled sound of a struggle catches him off guard. The invisibility is cast away, he trots ahead to the tight walkthrough, and struggling up the incline where her smell lingers he too finds the oddly hidden cavern with a misstep and awkward tumble.

Fluttering does very little to save the ensuing crash when Bane hits the ground, one wing smattering the pool she’d struck moments before as the stocky horse sheepishly flails his striped legs in an attempt to right himself. In scrambling up from the ground he flicks both wings, tucking them quickly with a shake of his head and a glance sideways. “Erm, I thought you’d hurt yourself so I … but you’re not hurt so … is everything alright?” Her counterpart mutters, eyeing Lepis from across the watery expanse.

|| The Pirate Lord of Loess ||

@[Lepis] I've no idea why the tag you put didn't work :/
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising - Wolfbane - by Lepis - 10-01-2018, 07:28 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - Wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 10-04-2018, 06:16 PM