• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'd Like To Meet You All [Any]
    "Speak of the devil."

At first, since the wind was blowing against Nalia and she didn't pick up Ardashir's approaching scent, the filly had no idea who Scorch was referring to. Not until she turned her head anyways, considering the mare's attention was focused on whatever was behind her. Her hazel eyes immediately drawn to Ardashir's bright white coat and tall form, the filly's lips curled up into a bright smile. The stallion called out to the two younger ones before coming to a stop at their side, verbally greeting both with a hello before focusing his attention on the filly.

Nalia tilted her head, curious as to what he had to say. Her eyes were drawn to the bearded fur on his chin, something she found rather cute, as well as... attractive, was that the right word? Nalia still didn't know that much about the concepts of love or anything beyond the love one had for a family member. So whatever this bubbling was in her chest whenever Ardashir was around, she didn't quite understand it yet.

Ardashir took his time to apologize to Nalia for pulling what he deemed a 'disappearing' act. Stating that he'd regretted not fulfilling his promise of giving her a cave tour, and that another swimming adventure to see some of the more obscure ones would have to wait until spring, Nalia shook her head, a smirk taking place of the smile.

"Ardashir," she began, giving his shoulder a gentle touch with her wing, "I'm not mad, so you don't have to apologize for anything. I've kept myself plenty busy exploring the higher parts of Nerine, and a couple small caves here and there. I know you're busy. I may not know the complete ins and outs of your job," she said with a small laugh, remembering Scorch's words, "But I know it's important or they wouldn't have entrusted it to you. So don't worry, I'm sure you'll find time to take me on those tours one of these days." Her eyes glistened as she looked up at him, still slightly surprised by how much taller the stallion was than her.

Ardashir then turned his attention to Scorch, making a light-hearted joke about how it always seemed to be the two of them welcoming new residents. Nalia really believed that, even if Ardashir had approached her out in the Field.

Completing the circle, Scorch then address Nalia, telling her that Nerine truly was a place for what Nalia sought, even if it wasn't the whole story yet. Nalia's wings bristled at her side, her excitement pumping at thinking what else Nerine had to offer for her to see, beyond what she already had. More magic in these lands? She couldn't wait to find out.

Then, Scorch turned to a different topic of conversation, something Nalia was caught off guard by. She didn't take a whole lot of time to think because she immediately had an answer, "He did, but... I don't know, really. I haven't thought of where I'd fit in the best, if at all. I know I might not be looked at as a good peacekeeper yet, cause I'm younger. I don't know about all this... diplomacy, that older horses here have more experience in. Closest I ever came to that was watching stallions fight over my home herd and bachelors agreeing to strike out on their own for a time being."

Not entirely true, since she'd lived with a group of young horses her age and learned to coexist with them, but Ardashir and Scorch didn't have to know of her past yet anyways.

"I mean... I don't want to be a burden though, much less one that can't pull her own weight. So, do you think I could fit in here, somewhere? I want to try, see if I can actually be good at something," she finished with a firm stomp of her hoof to show her seriousness.

@[Ardashir]
    @[Scorch]

Messages In This Thread
    I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Nalia - 08-15-2018, 06:22 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Scorch - 08-22-2018, 11:35 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Nalia - 08-22-2018, 07:16 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Scorch - 08-23-2018, 09:42 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Nalia - 08-24-2018, 09:02 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Ardashir - 08-26-2018, 07:47 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Scorch - 08-26-2018, 09:06 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Nalia - 08-27-2018, 12:27 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Ardashir - 09-04-2018, 01:05 PM