• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  dancin' in the rain in my best dress, fearless [Leilan]
      -->

Her long eyelashes flutter in surprise when rather than flashing her a wink and one of his usual quick-witted remarks, that muscular neck reaches towards her face and he snorts, a short burst of air flicking her wispy forelocks into her eyes, his breath nuzzling her ear. 

For just a second, she is still, breathless, fighting a shiver that threatens to betray her. For just a second, she fails and lets her guard down. Fortunately, it is re-erected just as quickly as it left; caution usually cloaks her like a caterpillar's cocoon. Perhaps not with Leilan, though, not all the time. Maybe it's because he's the first stallion she's met in Beqanna. Maybe it's because she hasn't had someone to flirt with in a long time. Or maybe, keeping the iron shield up simply becomes too draining. 

She smiles at him before her stunned silence can become deafening. "Not many at all. Only one before you, and she was very kind, but not nearly as charming." She studies him, his expression. Behind the carefree winsomeness, there is hidden damage. "You know, Leilan, I think you're not just a pretty face with a flirtatious grin. There's more to you than that, and I want to find out what." Her expression displays her trademark lopsided smirk, but her chocolate eyes are quietly determined. She needed a new challenge, maybe 'loverboy' was it. 

Thal scoffs at his response. "Wow, and I thought you had more game than a hormone-riddled adolescent." She nudges his shoulder with hers playfully. 
    @Leilan

Thalassa

MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL, I ALWAYS GET UP AFTER I FALL

Messages In This Thread
    RE: dancin' in the rain in my best dress, fearless [Leilan] - by Thalassa - 08-06-2018, 07:11 PM