• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Counting Stars
      -->

The sight of her new acquantaince's smile embrazens her own, making it large enough to be just plain goofy. Thal quickly catches herself, her muzzle closing into her smirky norm. Her ears flick as she hears the screech of a nearby hawk circling the field, which one might call elegant...Someone that wasn't her. Her ears pin a little, before pointing forward. She focuses on the sound of trees rustling in the breeze, and Solace's voice. "Depends on who you ask. The residents of Hyaline value their freedom - for some that means they keep to the solitude of the summits for seasons at a time...but others prefer to keep busy." Solitude in the mountains? Fat chance of that. But I wonder, what kind of keeping busy? Thalassa bobs her slender neck in response to Solace's informatory speech, tangled in a web of contemplation. Would she be bored if she were to join a herd? But she didn't want to be alone... Of that she was certain. 

"Shall we walk and talk? There is a stream just over that rise, I saw it when I flew in and I could use a drink." She is grateful for a change of pace; she is wound up, excited and anxious all at once, about being here in a new place with a fresh start. Hopefully, one she wouldn't waste. "Absolutely. I'm sure you've noticed, I'm not good at keeping still. Not in a new place, with so much to see and so many people to meet." She had hopes for the future; friends to make and enemies to break. Thal shook her steeldust coat free of tickling flies and began walking towards the stream, listening as Solace continued. "In Hyaline we have five council members and two casts below them. There are diplomats, peacekeepers, and residents who simply call our lakeshore home but do not wish to be involved in politics. Diplomats venture to the other kingdoms, representing Hyaline and her interests and keeping abreast of current events. The Peacekeepers duties are to protect Hyaline should the need arise, to represent her in challenges and mocks, and train anyone who is interested - but especially the children - to defend themselves." 

Thal perked up at the mention of peacekeepers and diplomats, with equal interest in the two roles arising. Exploring other lands and keeping up with current events sounded like fun; after all, current events sometimes meant delectable drama as entertainment. But.. challenges and mock battles? It was new and exciting, and being in contact with adorable foals sounded like her cup of tea. Both options would soothe her restlessness, most likely. "So diplomats travel to other territories, but do peacekeepers have to stay within Hyaline? I admit, this does sound rather tempting, but I'm not one stay in one place for too long."

Thalassa

MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL, I ALWAYS GET UP AFTER I FALL

Messages In This Thread
    Counting Stars - by Thalassa - 07-28-2018, 10:39 PM
    RE: Counting Stars - by Solace - 07-29-2018, 03:44 PM
    RE: Counting Stars - by Thalassa - 07-29-2018, 04:12 PM
    RE: Counting Stars - by Solace - 07-29-2018, 05:39 PM
    RE: Counting Stars - by Thalassa - 07-29-2018, 09:25 PM
    RE: Counting Stars - by Solace - 07-30-2018, 03:06 PM
    RE: Counting Stars - by Thalassa - 07-30-2018, 04:49 PM
    RE: Counting Stars - by Solace - 07-31-2018, 07:57 PM
    RE: Counting Stars - by Thalassa - 08-01-2018, 01:51 PM