• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold me in this wild, wild world; invited allies/leaders/Jesper only
    A deep breath of Warrick’s scent, and the presence of others – though many are strangers to her – helps too. Amorette has always preferred to be among others, rather finding herself in company instead of being alone. Their presence, and conversations, help her to push the memory to the back of her mind. Except, of course, for the mention of the girls. Her heart aches for him, and all both girls’ relatives and friends.

Like that, her heart holds sympathy for young black stallion that has been introduced as Jesper, who had bravely survived some of Sylva’s worst. But, at this point, he is lucky to have gotten out alive. Right at Warrick’s side, she listens to the intel he has to share, much more than they could’ve hoped for.

Her eyes move to the patch of burned flesh on his hip, and after this her gaze searches Warrick’s. But before she can speak up, Jesper continues, like the warrior he is. It is only when he falls silent and steps back that she lifts her head, to find his gaze. “I can help you with that, if you like. I won’t lie, it will burn too, but the sting will be short and your burns healed.” Healing through fire might sound strange, but Amore does not question the gift the goddess had given her. However, she would not force it upon him. Her dark eyes then move, to look at all the leaders gathered – suddenly very aware that she is one of the few not-monarchs. “My gift is available for all who are in need.” Amorette would not join a battle, violence has never been in her nature, not even after the horrible sight they’d stumbled upon on their way to Ischia. Her shoulder leans solid against Warrick’s, not ashamed or troubled that she needs his support. Not even with two of his daughters around.

She listens to their conversations and proposals with dislike. Yes, something must be done to stop them, but taking children, innocent children wouldn’t be the retaliation the ebony woman would’ve thought of. Such act would lower them, to the level at with Sylva operates, they would be just as bad as the dark kingdom. It does not occur to them that these same children might very well be at danger under the care of their parents. Because how could one hurt a child (it is impossible for her to understand how someone could hurt Brennen’s girls), let alone ones own child. Solace says exactly what is on Amore’s mind, and she finds herself unconsciously nodding. “They wouldn’t only see us like that, but we will be the villains and kidnappers..”

OOC: Sorry for the wait! Kinda missed it was my turn already.. Kind of am all over the place too :/

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; invited allies/leaders/Jesper only - by Amorette - 07-09-2018, 02:11 PM