• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  could i use you as a makeshift gauge - kylin
    I V A R
    promising everything i do not mean
    She moves slowly, lazily, and Ivar mirrors that, his gentle lips tracing the curve of her side as the waves splash against them. He catches her tail as she flicks it against him, and this time he holds it, tugging gently as he lets himself drift closer. His chest presses against her side, and when she offers a penny for his thoughts he smiles wordlessly into the warm skin of her back.

“Only a penny?” He teases, running a sharp canine gently down the edge of her nearest piebald marking.

Kylin asks if they can’t stay in the water, and the kelpie smiles again, this time pulling away to press a gentle kiss to her lavender cheek. She doesn’t know what she is asking for, the kelpie thinks; they might never leave. Well, she might never leave.

The idea of it is tempting, and he wonders if perhaps she might have been emboldened by their recent activities. The purple mare has always been so compliant, so sweet and endearing. To Ivar, who often toys with women powerful enough to destroy him, the finned mare has been a safety net. (These are his thoughts, and he would need far more than a penny to share them with her).

“We might never get out,” he tells her, surprising even himself with his honesty. Ivar has always shielded Kylin from his kelpie nature; he’s let her think he’s nothing more than some melding of fish and horse. She doesn’t recognize the danger, and while his words might have been worded like a warning “I might not let you.”, they don’t sound like a warning as he breathes them into her softly curved ears.

I know my lies could not make you believe
    in my dark times, baby this is all I could be
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a makeshift gauge - kylin - by Ivar - 06-20-2018, 02:49 PM